A very cool app is my tool number 28, Blippar!
Posted by Helen Tonetti
Blippar is a brand new, free application for smart phones, and its really, really cool!
It’s like a grownup QR Code, that brings your products to life through your phone. I think it’s the perfect way to bring the traditional and digital marketing functions together, and I think it will do wonders for the print industry that has suffered in the past few years. Simply put – it turns a 2D product into a 3D experience!
What is it, like a QR Code, you can sign up for Free, and then hover over anything that’s got a Blipparcode, and some magic will happen.
Here is an interview with the man behind the tool
I have put up a few examples I like. Mostly big brands, and I am sure the cost may initially be a factor that may make it prohibitive for most small businesses, but keep watching, like anything new it eventually becomes available to all of us, when someone developed a package for the smaller budget.
Have you seen these, and what do you think, do you like it as much as I do?
And thanks to eConsultancy here are some images from the Omega Watches promotion using Blippar
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)