How to pin You Tube video’s to your Pinterest boards
I was so frustrated trying to work out how to pin a you tube video to Pinterest – the Java script kept popping up, and the video’s would not pin.
As part of a video marketing company I needed this to work… as Pinterest is becoming a very good video sharing site.
I have found a solution, and thought you may all like to hear it.
- Select the video you want to pin
- Below the video window click on ‘share’ button.
- After the share box opens click on options – under the video URL.
- Check the box for ‘start at’ and change the time to a second or two (0:03).
- You will notice the URL changes also a bit reflecting the start time.
- Highlight and cut/copy the URL
- Go to Pinterest and click add , choose add pin
- Paste the URL in the box, click ‘find images’.
- An image appears! Add the description and PIN!!
- From what I understand the Pin Button looks at the first frame of the video… which is usually blank/black no image. A couple seconds into the video the image starts and Pin Button can find it.
- Just pasting the URL without the ‘start time’ works occasionally but not always.
- Hope this helps.