3 excellent social media marketing tips from Don Crowther
Posted by Helen Tonetti
I was listening to an interview with Don Crowther and he shared his tested research with us, on the numbers you need to keep in mind with your social media engagement if you are trying to engage and promote your business to your target market.
- Ideal posts on twitter is 8 – 18 posts a day.
- The ideal amount of video to add to You Tube to make money is 3 videos a week, and he believes (like we do at Video Expression) that video will really be a powerful tool for your business.
- Blogging, research shows that the ideal number of posts is one a day. To add real oomph to your posts add video.
When you post video to you tube, create and add the transcript to run along the bottom of the video, Don said this has great effect, keeping people engaged longer and they don’t get bored.
Of course Google spiders can crawl the transcript, and determine the nature of your video content… so you get more traffic!
REMEMBER you need to research your top keywords and add them into the transcript too.
And the Tip that Don calls his Ninja trick for video is…. Write the blog post, make the video, write the email to tell everyone… add the video, add the blog post… then mail out your email out and links to social media sites with a short description of your blog post. Then 2 days later post your Facebook post to Twitter, it increases your chances of being a featured and promoted you tube video.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Helen TonettiInternet and Marketing fantatic. We help you develop and implement Social Media into your marketing activity. Done in stages we develop a clear strategy for you, build the accounts, add content and followers, before training your team to take over and manage the process. Marketing Director of Video Expression, we develop on-line marketing and sales video channels that get results.
Posted on April 26, 2012, in A mix of articles, Social Media and interesting tools and tagged Helen Tonetti, How to use video in your marketing, Social Media Berkshire and Reading. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.