Lets stop telling people its OK to Steal!!!
Posted by Helen Tonetti
I am so peeved, our bikes were stolen again this weekend. They were bolted into the wall with big chains, but the bas…rs didn’t care, they just pulled it out the wall and made off with our bikes’. I work hard and save for stuff that I like, why do people feel they have the right to take stuff…
Part of it I think is the marketing message that we are giving perpetrators of crime, we tell all of us, the law abiding citizens that it’s our fault if our stuff is stolen. Everywhere I go I see signs that tell me not to leave my stuff in my car, at the gym I get told to lock my stuff up, and if something does go missing, how often to you see the disapproval in someone because you didn’t take extra care to make sure it could not be stolen.
Well I want to start a campaign, I want signs under each and every sign put up to tell me to look after my stuff, I want a huge sign that says .
STOP STEALING IT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU AND PEOPLE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO LOCK UP EVERYTHING JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A LOWLIFE!
It’s just about changing the message and reminding people that steal that they are in the wrong, that they are to blame and not me and you, when they steal our stuff .
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)