Three very handy Twitter Research tools
Posted by Helen Tonetti
I carry out lots of keyword research for clients, so we can establish what we need to include in some of our marketing materials. Now I know there is a debate in some circles about whether SEO is killing Social Media. In other words, do people just tweet marketing messages, or are people talking about things that matter to them, I suggest that as a business you do some of both, you need to create personality, but of course you want to tell people what you do.
I have come across quiet a few people recently, that follow me, and when I go to follow them, I cant establish what they do, and that’s frustrating, as they may be someone I could work with, meet up with etc.
Anyway back to the research, so many people don’t do it, and its essential, it gives you an understanding of what your target market wants you to talk about.
Twitter is a great place to find people, search terms, trending topics etc. So I thought I would tell you about three great twitter tools that I use to help me find data:
- http://www.hashtag.org this provides graphs on Twitter #hashtags and hashtag use; find the most popular and newest hashtags
- http://tweetbeep.com/ Keep track of conversations that mention you, your products, your company, anything, with hourly updates! You can even keep track of who’s tweeting your website or blog, even if they use a shortened URL (like bit.ly or tinyurl.com).
- http://twitter.com/#!/search-home Tweet Search one of the first tools I used on Twitter, and it remains much liked by me…It lets you track the top trends on Twitter and click on a stream to pull up a feed of the public conversation.
So there are three that I use, what tools on Twitter do you like, come on share them with us so we can all learn and grow.
Have a great week.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Helen TonettiInternet and Marketing fantatic. We help you develop and implement Social Media into your marketing activity. Done in stages we develop a clear strategy for you, build the accounts, add content and followers, before training your team to take over and manage the process. Marketing Director of Video Expression, we develop on-line marketing and sales video channels that get results.
Posted on August 10, 2012, in 100 top tips and Social Media Tools, Social Media and interesting tools and tagged Helen Tonetti, How to do research on Twitter, how to get my company using social media, Social Media Berkshire, social media marketing, twitter. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.