I thought I would share a list of key insights and quotes from the Technology For Marketing and Advertising show in London a few days ago. There were some excellent speakers, and a couple who got it wrong, treating the chance to speak as a sales pitch. (the same thing happens on line, and it really irritates me there too)
Here are a few quotes, facts and figures I picked up from a presentation by Marketo.
- The biggest pain that marketers have with any marketing, including Social, is knowing how to measure ROI.
- A point of pain for about 30% of marketers is creating content.
- Marketers want to use Social Media to send out targeted messages, monitor their brand reputation and to find and engage with brand fans.
- 2 new members join Linked In every second …. WOW!
- 40% of purchases are driven by Pinterest.
- There are 32 billion brand name twitter searches daily. (more than on Google)
Love your Fans
Pay attention to people who share your information, find a way to reward them, perhaps give them extra content, or let them get it earlier, tickets to an event … but reward them and help them love you and keep sharing your updates.
Just one report = loads of articles!
You can take a white paper that you have, turn it into a few social marketing ideas, from a presentation on slideshare, an infographic, an ebook etc. It’s about turning your existing marketing capital into Social Content, not about creating social content.
Some Facebook facts
- “We see the best results for our Facebook promoted posts on a Tuesday – and the best engagement comes from promoted posts that have a great graphic”
- We have measured our advertising and our social updates, we always get better results from social, people trust it more.
- Edgerank on Facebook is measured by Time , Weight (that’s how relevant they think it is to you based on your previous searches) and affinity (how often a person has liked your posts, shared them etc)
Adapt or Die will be coming next week.