6 Second Video? Can it work for you, some great examples.
Posted by Helen Tonetti
The new tool that I love is the ability to create 6 second video’s and use Vine to post them to Twitter and Facebook.
In my talk yesterday I spoke briefly about how some companies are already using this tool with great effect, here are a few ideas, followed with a quick how to Vine tips:
Show people what you do
A design company showed examples of packaging
Engage with questions
Ask a question, answer with a Vine Video
Meet the team, see who we are
Show them the team, ideal if you are trying to recruit new people
History of your business
Gap has a great video that shows the history of their jeans in 6 seconds, can you show your history, a brand you have worked with, results, … build credibility
Promote a presentation
Want to increase signups to your next webinar or get more subscribers to your podcast? An example is to use a sped up doodle on a whiteboard covering the topics.
Get started with Vine
- Download and install the Vine app from iTunes for your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. (they are developing an Android version )
- Create a Vine account using your Twitter profile or email address.
- Find people to follow by going to your profile and clicking the People icon at the top right of your screen. You can also go to your settings and use the Find People option under Friends.
- Connect your Facebook account to share videos on Facebook as well (personal profiles only).
- Click the video camera icon to start recording videos. Tap your finger on the screen to record and release to stop recording.
- When you’re finished, click Continue to share your video on Vine, Twitter and Facebook.
If you are in need of more inspiration on how to benefit from Vine, use the following URL to search Twitter for Vine videos.
You can also use the following URL to add industry-specific keywords to your search.
Have you used Vine, or how could you use it, let us know, or better yet let us see you in action.