7 Ideas for anyone that wants to create great content.
Posted by Helen Tonetti
Yesterday at our OpenDoorz network meeting, I spoke about self -educating people, so they can make choices, then share that content on your blog and the various social channels. Our very talented, resident photographer Dale challenged us when I said we all need to create content that is useful and engaging, content people will search for.
Content can come in many guises .. an article, a blog post, a PowerPoint presentation or a video
So I decided to write an article about it, not just for Dale but to show everyone can see how to create content.
Start with questions
- Create a list of FAQ’s and answer them. (Think about what clients always ask you)
- Answer the customers buying objections.
- Have a look on Twitter for questions around keywords in your industry, answer them.
- Set up a few Google alerts around questions and keywords.
Become a journalist
- There is loads of content out there already so use it, it’s called curation, write an intro that introduces each topic.
- Top ten lists, could be about equipment or lighting in this instance.
What’s in the news, or Who?
- Comment on photos that are published, why they are good or bad, people follow the latest events and love celebrities, so use them.
- Interview industry experts about related topics to yours
- Create polls or surveys, these are a fantastic way to develop an article (e.g over 80% of executives have a think that they need a new head-shot)
Talk your story
- Spend time telling people your story, who you are and why you love what you do.
- Tell them about a year in the life of a photographer, writing an article a week about things that happen to you, and shoots that you do.
- How do I … teach your audience how to light a room, take a good head-shot, take a picture at a conference etc, let them see you s an expert, and they will buy from you.
- The most obvious for a photographer, but essential, show of images and explain what they are and why you like them, yours and other peoples.
- Ask your readers to share their favorite photograph and ask them to pick a winner.
About Helen TonettiInternet and Marketing fantatic. We help you develop and implement Social Media into your marketing activity. Done in stages we develop a clear strategy for you, build the accounts, add content and followers, before training your team to take over and manage the process. Marketing Director of Video Expression, we develop on-line marketing and sales video channels that get results.
Posted on June 3, 2013, in A mix of articles, Social Media and interesting tools and tagged content ideas, how a photographer can create content, how to blog, how to create content. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.