7 Ideas for anyone that wants to create great content.
Posted by Helen Tonetti
Yesterday at our OpenDoorz network meeting, I spoke about self -educating people, so they can make choices, then share that content on your blog and the various social channels. Our very talented, resident photographer Dale challenged us when I said we all need to create content that is useful and engaging, content people will search for.
Content can come in many guises .. an article, a blog post, a PowerPoint presentation or a video
So I decided to write an article about it, not just for Dale but to show everyone can see how to create content.
Start with questions
- Create a list of FAQ’s and answer them. (Think about what clients always ask you)
- Answer the customers buying objections.
- Have a look on Twitter for questions around keywords in your industry, answer them.
- Set up a few Google alerts around questions and keywords.
Become a journalist
- There is loads of content out there already so use it, it’s called curation, write an intro that introduces each topic.
- Top ten lists, could be about equipment or lighting in this instance.
What’s in the news, or Who?
- Comment on photos that are published, why they are good or bad, people follow the latest events and love celebrities, so use them.
- Interview industry experts about related topics to yours
- Create polls or surveys, these are a fantastic way to develop an article (e.g over 80% of executives have a think that they need a new head-shot)
Talk your story
- Spend time telling people your story, who you are and why you love what you do.
- Tell them about a year in the life of a photographer, writing an article a week about things that happen to you, and shoots that you do.
- How do I … teach your audience how to light a room, take a good head-shot, take a picture at a conference etc, let them see you s an expert, and they will buy from you.
- The most obvious for a photographer, but essential, show of images and explain what they are and why you like them, yours and other peoples.
- Ask your readers to share their favorite photograph and ask them to pick a winner.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Helen TonettiInternet and Marketing fantatic. We help you develop and implement Social Media into your marketing activity. Done in stages we develop a clear strategy for you, build the accounts, add content and followers, before training your team to take over and manage the process. Marketing Director of Video Expression, we develop on-line marketing and sales video channels that get results.
Posted on June 3, 2013, in A mix of articles, Social Media and interesting tools and tagged content ideas, how a photographer can create content, how to blog, how to create content. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.