Posted by Helen Tonetti
Did you know that your # on Facebook will now create a clickable link, and when you click the link you will see a live feed of people that have used that #.
It’s a brilliant way for people to find conversations that interest them, but as a marketer please bear in mind that posting loads of hashtags is likely to irritate your followers, as many are not overly happy about # moving into Facebook.
But they are a great way to extend your reach, by sharing the hastags on Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
They can be a great way to promote an event , a coupon or a contest too. Remember the # wont link to a page, but a feed, it’s just a way to create awareness.
Like all hashtags capital letters are not relent, it must all be one word (e.g. #facebookhashtag) and don’t stuff your posts with them, that’s just going to peeve people off.
Are you using them? And how?
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)